Me and my sister

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

About My Writing's and Poems



After 9/11 I wanted to do something. So, I looked at other things about 9/11 on the net. I came across some poems and wanted to write my own. That started me writing other poems. It is easer for me to type instead of free hand.


This is the first poem I did. It's called "I Pray".

I Pray ...

I pray for all the lost souls that died that day.

I pray that we will not forget that terrible day.

I pray for all the policemen that did not come home that day.

I pray for all their families that will have faith for the rest of their days.

I pray for all the firefighters that risked their lives so that others might live another day.

I pray for all the souls to go to heaven and look down upon us every day for the rest of our lives.

I pray that we will all learn to cherish life to the fullest every day for the rest of our lives.

I pray for all the singles in this world to someday find someone to cherish for the rest of their lives.

I pray for all the married people in this world to cherish the one single love in their lives.

I pray for all the separated people in this world to find out that they just need to love each other.

I pray for all the divorced people in this world to try to find out why it happened in the first place.

I pray that my Grandma who has Depression will live out the rest of her life happy as when Grandpa was alive.

- Amen -

By: Jennifer Hoover

Jennifer, is a Special Olympics athlete competing mostly in aquatics plus bowling and equestrian ~ sometimes golf. The above inspiration came to her after reading several other offerings on the Internet honoring 9-11-01. The words are ALL hers with editing help from family.

You can see this and more at http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~phoover2/tribute.htm

1 comment: