Me and my sister

Saturday, September 12, 2009

On Being Someone With An Disability

--"This is for my sisters youth group. They have some kids that are special and other kids don't like that as well"--

For me and everyone who has grown up with a disability was bad enough without others seeing us for who we are, not what we are. Starting in 1st grade is when kids started making fun of me, just because I could not do the things that they could. Ya, it's not fair; but I learned that being different is good.

Growing up with a disability is hard but you will get through the tough times that you face. Look at me, if their was not Special Olympics I would not be where I am today.

Find a way around your challenged's, so you can find what you love to do. Like, me being in the Special Olympics.

If you don't think different is good. Then come to Special Olympics game's or practice. Your find out that it does not matter who you are. If you can't be an athlete, you can be a partner or helper.

Next time you see someone that has a disability think about what would they do first. Not what would you do first.

God does not judge others just because their different, now why would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment