Me and my sister

Friday, July 31, 2009

World of Neglect

Different

You may not know it
But I am different
Different how you may ask
Because I don’t look it
And, some other people do

You see me every day
You may talk to me
But unless I told you
I have an intellectual disability
You will not know it

Some people You can tell right away
That they have an intellectual disability
They are just the same as you
Buy a little different

A lot of people
Still don’t want us in the world

Some still live in institutions across the world
Not given the chance to learn
They are misunderstood and mistreated
Just because they’re different

But given the chance
You will learn something uncommon
Then from most
That, you will just
Have to find it out for yourself
Ask yourself this one question
Why do people
Still use the word “retarded”?
That word to us is a hate word
Those who use it
Should use another word

People say the r-word does not hurt
Well think again
Did anyone ever say a word to you
You did not like
Now you know what it’s like
When those who say
The r-word

Who do you RESPECT?
The new r-word

No comments:

Post a Comment